Over the years, the number of rights which an employee has in respect of their family and domestic situation has grown considerably. This is true in respect of both the number of situations where an employer has a duty to observe certain minimum rights and in respect of the number of rights that an employee has in terms of each of those distinct situations.
Family Friendly Employment Law Rights
Whether the question is one of what entitlements an expectant mother has in respect of ante-natal care or whether you have a query relating to what leave an employee may take where they are required to care for their children, we at Miller Samuel Hill Brown will be happy to provide assistance.The law on these matters can often be technical and confusing, but whether you are an employer or an employee, we are able to provide practical, useful advice on:
- An employee’s rights when she falls pregnant;
- An employee’s entitlement to maternity leave and maternity pay and the other obligations an employer has with regards to maternity leave;
- Paternity rights, including rights to paternity leave and pay;
- The rights of an employee and obligations of an employer where the employee is planning to adopt a child;
- The procedures to be followed where an employee makes a request for flexible working;
- The other rights that an employee may have in respect of their family and childcare responsibilities, including entitlement to parental leave and the requirements for any emergency leave required to deal with dependents.
These areas can often throw up difficult questions, which can lead to disputes arising between an employer and the employee. If you require any assistance or guidance on any family friendly issues which have arisen in the workplace, call Miller Samuel Hill Brown on 01412211919.