Road Traffic Accidents

We Provide Tailored And Innovative Solutions.

Road Traffic Accident Lawyers Glasgow, Scotland

Among the most common causes of personal injury are accidents on the road. From relatively minor injuries such as whiplash, right through to very serious injuries, Miller Samuel Hill Brown can advise you on all aspects of making a claim following a road traffic accident.

Injured in a car accident? We can help.

Road traffic accidents (or RTAs) for short are all too common. If you have been injured in a car crash or accident at some point in the last three years, and the accident was not your fault, then you may be able to claim compensation. You can claim compensation if you are involved in an accident as a driver or passenger, or if you were injured as a pedestrian or cyclist. Even if you were not immediately involved in a road traffic accident, you may be able to claim compensation if you suffered an injury as a result of, for example, skidding on a patch of oil that was not cleared up. If you have been involved in an accident, and can answer ‘yes’ to these questions, you may have a claim:

  • Was the accident in the last three years?
  • Was someone else at fault for the accident?
  • Have you suffered an injury and/or been off work as a result of the accident?

If you have answered yes to all three of these questions, then contact Miller Samuel Hill Brown's expert personal injury solicitors today. Drivers are obliged by law to take reasonable care for other road users. This duty is judged against definite standards and is known as the duty of care. Very often in road traffic accident compensation claims, this standard is judged against the Highway Code. Things like failing to leave an adequate stopping distance, signalling incorrectly, failing to observe properly when pulling out of a junction can all point to a breach of the duty of care. Failing to take heed of the conditions can also play a part. If this duty is breached, and you are injured as a result, then you may be able to seek compensation.

Insurance and personal injury claims.

All drivers are required by law to be insured before driving on the road. It is the insurance company who will pay out after your accident. As such, it is important that you exchange insurance details with the driver of the other car if you are involved in a car accident. Even if the other driver was not insured, the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) may pay out on your claim. The MIB pay out on claims made by uninsured drivers. If you are pursuing a claim against the MIB then you must:

  • Be able to identify the vehicle involved in the accident, if not the driver.
  • Have attempted to trace the driver who was at fault.
  • You must raise the claim within 9 months (rather than the standard 3 years) of the accident.

Medical care for Road Traffic Accidents.

If you are injured in a road traffic accident, it is important that you seek medical treatment promptly. Not only will this speed your rehabilitation, it can provide evidence of your claim (in the form of medical reports and diagnoses) and, importantly, ensure that you receive the right amount of compensation. The amount of compensation (the ‘quantum’) you will receive is based on an assessment of your injuries. Clearly, the potential for very serious injury in a car crash is greater than that of a trip or fall accident. Thus, the awards made for injuries suffered in a car accident can be significant. You can claim compensation for:

Your injuries:

  • Loss of earnings (actual or potential)
  • Damage to your property (including the vehicle and any effects contained in it)
  • The cost of any care you require as a result of the accident. Miller Samuel Hill Brown can offer advice on the prospects of success in a road traffic accident claim, as well as offer guidance on what you may be able to claim for.
What Our Clients Say

"Thank you so much for all of your help and perseverance with my claim. I know it's not been the most straightforward but I really appreciate all the time you have put in."

- Anonymous Client, Glasgow

Road Traffic Accident Personal Injury Lawyers Glasgow, Scotland

Contact our expert personal injury solicitors in Glasgow today on 0141 221 1919 or fill in our online contact form.

Get in touch today

Please let us know your name.
Please enter a valid telephone number
Please let us know your email address.
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Please let us know your message.

News & Insights

Read the latest insights from our team

Judicial College Guidelines- Increase to the Guideline rates
Read the full article
Last month, the Judicial College Guidelines rates which are used for the assessment of General Damages in Personal Injury cases increased.  The new guidelines are that all brackets for damages have been increased by 22% which is to take account ...