Licensing Logo

Tables and Chairs Permits

Their accuracy, efficiency, competence and knowledge cannot be bettered in Scotland - Legal 500.

Table & Chair Permit Licensing Lawyers Glasgow, Scotland 

If you operate a bar, restaurant or café and wish to put tables and chairs outside on a public footpath, you will generally require to obtain consent from your local Roads department. You might have seen this referred to as a Tables and Chairs Permit, Section 59 Consent or Street Café Permission, but each of these terms mean the same thing.

A fee for Roads consent is payable annually to your local council.

There are several things to consider when applying for Roads consent –

  • In some Council areas, you will require Planning Permission.
  • The hours permitted and conditions for use of an area on a public footpath vary between Councils.
  • If you hold a Premises Licence, you should also check whether this allows you to serve alcohol outside.

The expert team at Hill Brown Licensing can advise on your individual circumstances and the requirements of your local council.

Contact our Licensing Solicitors Glasgow, Scotland

To find out more, please contact our Licensing lawyers in Glasgow on 0141 221 1919 or fill in our online form.

Get in touch today

Please let us know your name.
Please enter a valid telephone number
Please let us know your email address.
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Please let us know your message.

News & Insights

Read the latest insights from our team

Thursday, 16 May 2024
Welcome to our New Trainee Solicitor, Allan Millar
Read the full article
Thursday, 16 May 2024
The Devil’s in the Detail
Read the full article
Thursday, 16 May 2024
Key Considerations of Running a Family Business
Read the full article