twitter  linkedin  googleplus  Miller Samuel Hill Brown's Blog

When we are out and about, we are often owed a duty of care by the person, company or authority responsible for wherever we happen to be. If you have been injured on the street, in the supermarket, in hospital, on public transport or anywhere else, then you may be able to claim compensation.

Making a claim for an injury suffered in public.

Have you suffered an injury in a public place in the last three years? If the answer is yes, and the accident was not your fault, you may be able to make a personal injury claim.

When we are out and about in public, other people, companies and authorities (e.g. the local council) are legally obliged to take reasonable care to ensure our safety. This duty, known as the ‘the duty of care’, means they must observe certain standards and take certain precautions to ensure our safety. For instance, cracks in the pavement must be repaired, spills cleaned up, appropriate warning signs displayed (e.g. wet floor signs) and any loose or hazardous material cleaned up.

If this duty is not observed, and you are injured as a result then you may be entitled to make a claim for: the pain caused by the injury; any wages you have lost as a result of the injury; compensation in respect of medical treatment or care which was necessitated by the injury or damage to your goods or property.

Obviously, not all slips and trips will merit an award of compensation. The person or company responsible is only required to take reasonable precautions to prevent harm to others and you are, of course, obliged to look after your own safety. However, if you have been injured and you think there was fault on the part of someone else, contact us today to begin the process of making a personal injury claim.


What Our Clients Say

"Thank you so much for all of your help and perseverance with my claim. I know it's not been the most straightforward but I really appreciate all the time you have put in."

- Anonymous Client, Glasgow


Expert assistance and advice - Personal Injury Lawyers Glasgow, Scotland.

Contact our expert personal injury solicitors in Glasgow today on 01412211919

Get Legal Advice, call: 01412211919

Complete our online form Make an enquiry

Get Legal Advice, call: 01412211919

Online Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please let us know your email address.
Invalid Input
  • Nature of enquiry(*)
    Invalid Input
  • Please let us know your message.
    Invalid Input
    Please tick the box below
    Invalid Input


    diane cairney

    Diane Cairney
    Personal Injury Partner

    linda carrington

    Linda Carrington
    Personal Injury Claims Manager