We spend a large part of our lives at work. We don’t expect to be injured there. However, like anywhere else, accidents can happen. If you are unfortunate enough to suffer an injury which arises from your employment, we can help you get the compensation you are entitled to.
Workplace injury compensation lawyers Glasgow, Scotland
No matter what your job involves, your employer has a duty to take reasonable steps to protect you from risk. Whether you have an office job or you work in heavy industry your employer is bound by law to take care for your safety. If you drive for a living you are entitled to be given a vehicle which is safe to drive.
Your employer must provide you with adequate equipment, which is in good working order, to enable you to carry out your job safely. Accident at work claims often arise from faulty, old or inadequate equipment being issued.
If you have been injured at work in the last three years, and the accident was not your fault, you may be able to make a claim. The accident may not have been your fault if:
- The accident was a result of the carelessness of your employer, a fellow employee or someone else working in the same place
- The accident was the fault of faulty, incorrect or inadequate equipment (or indeed, no equipment at all)
The injury you suffer does not necessarily need to be the result of a particular accident or incident. If you have suffered as a result of:
- Repetitive movement, or repetitive use of the same equipment
- Being exposed to excessive noise for long periods
- You are diagnosed as having suffered an illness or injury as a result of your job. This can include e.g., Asbestos exposure, exposure to chemicals, dust inhalation etc
While Miller Samuel Hill Brown is based in Glasgow, we can help you get compensation for your injuries no matter where your employer is based.
Expert assistance and advice - Personal Injury Lawyers Glasgow, Scotland.
Contact our expert personal injury solicitors in Glasgow today on 01412211919