twitter  linkedin  googleplus  Miller Samuel Hill Brown's Blog

If you would like to care for a child whose parents cannot do so, you must obtain legal guardianship, parental responsibility and occasionally financial support by obtaining a Special Guardianship Order.

Applying for a Special Guardianship Order

Special Guardianship orders are court appointments which grant legal recognition to a person caring for a child who is not their own.

This gives you the ability to make appropriate decisions concerning the upbringing of the child for including for example; their education, religion, residence and healthcare.

Guardianship Orders in Scotland: SGOs

It is important to get advice from an experienced family lawyer if you are considering applying for a Special Guardianship Order as there are a lot of factors to consider such as carers’ rights vs parents’ rights.

At Miller Samuel Hill Brown we provide clear expert advice on all aspects of family law. Let us help you. Please contact our specialists in child family law, Edward Laverty or Charles Brown on 01412211919 or fill in our online contact form.

Get Legal Advice, call: 01412211919

Complete our online formMake an enquiry

Get Legal Advice, call: 01412211919

Family Law Enquiry

Please let us know your name.
Please let us know your email address.
Invalid Input
  • Nature of family law enquiry(*)
    Invalid Input
  • Please let us know your message.
    Invalid Input
    Please tick the box below
    Invalid Input